Hello from New York!
The Fashion Week festivities officially start tomorrow, so for starters, I thought I’d share the beauty, style and miscellaneous must-have’s that’ll be taking up major real estate in my bag the next few days.
*Top left, clockwise:
- Canon T3i and extra memory card.
- Jimmy Choo shoes. I’m having a major moment with loafers after finding these on clearance. Flats are a must, because at some point, your feet will hurt.
- An extra pair of tights — God forbid you encounter an unsightly snag.
- Sunglasses. I explained why these are essential about 45 seconds into in this video.
- A constant stream of Starbucks and an array of protein bars. Breakfast, lunch and dinner of champions. Makes you feel less guilty about diving head-first into a large pizza at 4 a.m. after a jam-packed day of shows and a few (too many) martinis.
- Benefit’s Perk Up Artist. This portable complexion correcting kit has everything you need to correct, cover & brighten.
- Leather gloves. It’s cold outside!
- iPad and charger. In-between shows, it’s fun to kick back anywhere with WiFi to people-watch, take notes on shows, tweet with you guys and such. I usually end up at a coffee shop or the lounge at Hotel Empire — at the latter, I feel obliged to order the Chuck Bass martini. Obviously.
- Burt’s Bees and Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. My winter go-to’s for healthy, just-bitten looking lips.
- Portable iPhone charger and a cute pen-and-paper combo.
- A Metrocard. Taking the subway is easier, quicker and cheaper than cabs.
- Altoids. After all that Starbucks, it’s just common courtesy.
- A cute business card holder — for obvious reasons. I like this one from Proenza Schouler.
Over the next week on corals + cognacs, we’ll be talking runway essentials and must-try trends, as well as style tips on ways to wear this season’s trends your way. If you aren’t particularly interested in/you’ve never followed Fashion Week, don’t worry; these posts will still benefit you: Think of the next few days as a lot of fashion photography, outfit inspiration and breakdown of this season’s trends.