It’s been a busy week (month, really), but I’m slowly starting to bring this year’s content calendar to life. Changes — no, improvements — are subtle, but they’re based on that survey you took about six months ago (which, yes, I know I say this often but I will share it you soon). There’s a lot to look forward to!
In the meantime, I want to kick off today’s post a bit differently.
Perhaps it’s because there’s no cell phone required (quite the opposite, actually), but this interpersonal activity has become one of my favorite get-together traditions, so I thought why not bring it to the blog, too? (Naturally…)
I’ll go first:
Peaks & Pits, Jan. 23
PEAK: Last night, my girl Grace celebrated the launch of her re-brand, The Stripe. I was blown away by every little detail — and to see so many people (cross the bridge to Brooklyn and) come together to celebrate her success was a really cool thing. Plus, there was champagne and cupcakes. And a make-your-own macaron bar. I’m proud of you, Grace (and I’m still riding that sugar high)!
Pit: Four letters: USPS. You feel me? Oh, yes. The lovely New York City postal service has lost two of my packages this week — utterly unable to locate them. Let me tell you, nothing ignites a pre-coffee rage blackout like bitch-at-rest face at the Post Office in the morning… Three days in a row. Namaste!
If you’d like to share your peaks and pits, feel free to use the comment form below. (Or tweet me, email me, send me smoke signals, and so on.) Otherwise, here’s our weekly dose of workday procrastination:
Best of the web:
- Your dream desk, realized.
- Wait. People are putting butter in their coffee?
- Yum! I’m making this kale and sweet potato salad this weekend.
- Have you ever drank activated charcoal? Accordingly, it’s good for you.
- You know I’m a sucker for a good read; I loved this post from Laura — especially her real-life analogies.
- These two blog BFs are so damn cute. Congrats on your 100th post (and then some), guys!
- BHG is looking for the Best Blogs of 2015. If you want to nominate me, you can vote here. (I appreciate it!)
- Are we friends on Snapchat? Find and add me — I’m @coralsncognacs.
Shopping, sales & such:
- I’ve been dying for these shoes.
- This grab-and-go clutch is brilliant.
- I love everything about this puffer coat, but the price especially.
- I’m obsessed with this new-to-me brand, Le Beau. I love this sweatshirt!
- Great gift idea (… for yourself): This three-in-one set from BaubleBar.
- Piperlime is having a one-day sale — get 30% off handbags, shoes and accessories today only.
- This may surprise you, but I buy my workout gear online — these Nike sports bras are the best.
- If you’re the jet-set type, check out my friend Hitha’s next travel-themed Quarterly box — it ships soon!
Lastly, here’s what’s been…
Popular around corals + cognacs
- Your autumn/winter guide to New York City.
- My favorite winter coat (of the moment) is actually a cape.
- Everything you need to know about getting into Fashion Week.