The only bad thing about a holiday weekend is that the week that follows feels like an eternity… Phew!
Happy (almost) autumn, my friends. Let’s get to it.
Peaks & Pits | 9.18.15
Peak: I had an awesome experience at Civello Salon in Chicago this week — and you’ll start to see my new “Bronde” locks for fall in a handful of upcoming outfit photos. My hairstylist (and the salon’s Creative Director), Deron Edward, worked some serious wonder on my limp locks.
He taught me this insane curling trick, too: Hold the wand completely horizontal when you curl, wrapping each strand around the barrel. For your top layers, start the curl a few inches down your head, where the curl of your bottom layer starts. Seems like a “no shit” type of situation, but try it. The result is gorgeous! (It’s similar to the curly hair tutorial I posted a few months ago.)
Pit: Missing Fashion Week, I think. Not the shows or events, specifically, but the chance to soak up the city’s energy and hang with all of my girls who made the trip into town… Though I am feeling very inspired to plan a trip in the next month — there’s no place like New York City in the fall!
Here are this week’s links:
Sales & Such
- I am ob-sessed with these cut-out Nike Air Max’s.
- I’m dying to try NARS’s new contouring powder. Have you?
- Just bought this gorgeous, light grey hat. Can’t wait to wear it all fall!
- Thanks, Birchbox, for introducing me to my new favorite tinted moisturizer.
- Guys. That neon-colored pencil skirt we were swooning over last week? It’s on sale!
- This week alone, at least three people have asked me where this fringe backpack is from (pictured above).
- At last! My favorite simplified planner is finally in stock for 2016! It tends to sell out quickly, get it here.
- That feather-trim set that I wore last week (below, Nicole Miller for JCPenney) is on sale — 40% off!
This includes 3.1 Phillip Lim bags, Alexander Wang satchels and so much more. There are ZERO brand exclusions, so this is a great opportunity to get a new designer bag (like the black Pashli, below) or pair of boots at a steep discount! Head to the site or click below to browse some additional pieces you can score for $100 off — using code FALLVIP100 at checkout:
… I think I’m going to finally bite the bullet on the rag & bone booties that I’ve wanted for more than three years. I should, right? Right?
Links I loved
- Six social media lessons we can learn from Lauren Conrad.
- Here are 30 kitchen hacks we should know (because we’re #grownups).
- Julia’s husband (/photographer), Anel, shares his expert photography tips.
- Meghan assembled a really great piece on how to get (and keep) a job in public relations.
- An in-depth review of the tools that helped one blogger earn more than $16,000 — in one month!
- I loved this interview with Jenna Lyons (of J.Crew) — make sure you click on the photos to read more.
- My girl Liz (of sequins & stripes) shares five must-have tools for bloggers and small-business owners.
Trending on c+c
- My everyday curls hair tutorial.
- Can’t stop wearing these cognac-colored accessories.
- The perfect ensemble for your next date night (and the outfit is under $100).