Happy Friday, you guys. I hope you’ve found a handful of opportunities to feel good this week… Quite simply.
Before we get into it, I need to tell you that some VERY big (and very permanent) changes are coming to the site next Friday. I’m anxious about them, but I’ve been working so hard (and so quietly) on them for the last six months. I’m really excited to share ’em with you, but I’ll let you in on more details next week.
Now, let’s get to today’s links.
Peaks & Pits
Pit: Well, I think this goes without saying, but it’s been a hard week. Shit. Beyond my own political beliefs, it’s hard to see so many people in pain over the chaos, uncertainty and heartbreak circulating our nation… This sucks. And it’s really scary. It feels impossible (and ridiculous, even) to believe that last week we were all in such high spirits over here celebrating the Cubs’ World Series victory. At any rate, as a side-note, if anyone needs an outlet or even just a little digital pep-talk, you are always welcome to e-mail me. I’ve got two eyes and two ears, so don’t hesitate.
Peak: As a silver lining, I suppose, SoulCycle classes have been unbelievable this week. It’s really inspiring to see a group of people (many of whom have never met) push and encourage each other beyond their own self-defined limits. Emotion can be productive if you let it!
Here are this week’s links:
- It’s official. Come winter, I’ll be living in this cute, cozy sweater.
- Thanks for this, Man Repeller: A post-election to-do list of how to take action, donate and make a difference.
- In case you missed it, I made another playlist for your listening pleasure a few weeks ago. Here’s the link — I’d suggest listening to in order, since that’s how I curated it.
- Timely article, here. Anyone tried this all-natural alternative to Xanax? Or rather, anyone down? (Lol.)
- ‘Tis the season (almost) for pom-pom hats and beanies. I’ve got my eye on this adorable “winking beanie” from Kate Spade, but here’s two more affordable options from the North Face ($35) and Sole Society ($27).
- I’m hosting an event with one of my favorite brands, Cuyana, in Chicago next week (Wednesday after work, local ladies — mark your calendar!), and I got this navy cropped trench to wear. I’ll probably pair it with this camel-colored cashmere sweater. (More to come on the event!)
- Well, an hour later, I’m certain I need everything in Club Monaco’s fall collection this season. Wine-drunk and online shopping don’t mix… Or do they?
- I mentioned this in Monday’s post, but I bought this genuine rabbit fur vest at nearly 80% off from Nordstrom Rack. I love the color!
- An inspiring read (with lots of good wisdom nuggets) from 25 famous women on how they’ve dealt with anxiety, nerves and depression.
Any fellow insomniacs out there? Apparently, there’s a Netflix for us — it’s called Napflix. Ha!
*Click to shop this week’s favorites: