From three giant sales to what everyone Googled in 2016 and how you can help crisis in Aleppo. Here are this week’s links.
Happy Friday, my friends! From three giant sales to what everyone Googled in 2016 and how you can help crisis in Aleppo. Here are this week’s links.
Peaks & Pits:
Peak: I saw Hamilton this past week and loved it. I haven’t been to a Broadway show since I lived in New York City (two years ago), where my parents and I saw The Book of Mormon. I forgot how much I love the element of escapism at the theater!
Pit: Some heavy world stuff this week (and the fact that I feel like this is my Pit every week)… There’s more on how you can get involved and make a difference in the links below, though.
This Week’s Links:
Here’s what we’ve got this week:
Sales & such:
- BaubleBar just added new styles to their sale section — up to 60% off!
- Um, Ann Taylor LOFT is 50% off site-wide this weekend… Yes, you read that right — half off everything! Use the code GIFTS at checkout.
- I finally invested in a winter jacket from Canada Goose — I know I’ll get a lot of use out of it in Chicago the next few months. I bought the burgundy color, but should I get black instead?
- Score an extra 30% off all sale items at Kate Spade New York this weekend (or until supplies last — sale items usually sell out super fast). There are so many cute handbags and wallets in particular (and they’d make a great gift, too). Use code SPRINKLES.
- I just started using this St. Tropez “Ultimate Escape Kit” self-tanner to perk up my pasty-looking legs and arms. The packaging is really cute (it’s done in partnership with Lilly Pulitzer), so it’d be a perfect gift for the beach-loving lady (who may be landlocked at the moment)
- I love this knit blanket — especially when it’s so cold. It’s cozy, comes in three colors and doesn’t shed. It’s kind of pricey, granted, but worth the investment in my opinion. It adds a lot of texture to the room.
- In case you missed it, here’s 20 gift ideas for all the guys in your life.
- Here’s what everyone Googled in 2016. (Some of these will really make you wonder…)
- Grace nailed it with her irreverent (NSFW) gift guide, haha. I live for a good F-bomb!
- Remember when that football player (Colton Underwood) asked Olympic gymnast Aly Reisman on a date via social media earlier this year? Well, they’ve been together ever since! YES!
- Ten of the lowest calorie cocktails you can order this holiday season (slash anytime). File under: Good to know.
- Please take a moment to read this: Here’s what’s happening in Aleppo — and what you can do to help. (I donated to the Karam Foundation — which distributes aid to Syrian families in need — through my friend Hitha’s nonprofit company, Bridge2Act. You can read more here.