Big savings on my favorite beauty items, great gift ideas under $10 & more… Among Other Things.
Happy Friday, gals! Here are this weeks’ links.
Sales & such
Pom-pom pumps: This might be my favorite shoe purchase in a very long time… Pointy-toe pom-pom pumps. Need I say more? (Okay, I will: I’ve been super impressed by the design of these heels — there’s a hidden platform that makes them comfortable to walk in, too! True to size.)
Festive fringe: These tassel earrings are my favorite BaubleBar design to-date.
The coziest cape: How stunning is this striped cape? And would you ever guess where it’s from!? I tried it on in-store yesterday and almost instantly laid down to take a nap… Closest (and chic’est) thing you’ll get to wearing a blanket in public.
Great gift idea under $7: A festive mini burlap tree. Cute hostess gift, right?
ICYMI: You can now shop my outfits on Instagram here — no sign-up needed whatsoever. Just click the photo for product links + details!
Affordable accessory: Got this gold wire-frame photo holder to hang my holiday cards on this year. I love it!
Designer dupe: Damn, the second I saw this shearling moto jacket I thought it was (very expensive by) Acne.
Make-up must-haves: Okay, so one last thing. Seven of my most-used beauty products are on sale (15% off) at Nordstrom this week! Lemme give you the low-down on each:
- Urban Decay NAKED ‘Heat’ Palette — I’ve been getting a ton of questions about my eye-shadow on social media lately. This is it!
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer — I wear ‘Biscuit.’
- bareMinerals Complexion Rescue foundation — I wear 05 Natural. I swear by this stuff since it’s water-based (and as a result, won’t clog your pores, even if you sweat/workout with it on.)
- NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencils — my fave. ‘Damned’ and ‘Never Say Never’ are my go-to’s.
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder (Apply over concealer to brighten the under-eye area; magic!)
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Serum and Turmeric & Cranberry Radiance Masque. Both have been so essential for making my skin look vibrant and fresh throughout the winter.
Links & the like
Every bit counts: Here’s how you can help the victims of the California fires.
Resolution ready: Four powerful steps to finding success in 2018.
Fake news: A look inside the world (wide web) of Internet bots… Damn!
Co-sign: I loved Jess’s post on what she’s learned in her 30’s — and why it’s her favorite decade. (I’d have to agree…)
Mandatory reading: Patagonia is suing Donald Trump. This is why.
…Another one: Time Magazine named their annual 2017 “person” of the year this week — The Silence Breakers. Hell yeah. (I can’t get over how amazing these women — and men — look, too.) I particularly liked Taylor Swift’s interview.
‘Cause moving is stressful: A few weeks ago, I was introduced to a Chicago-based business called rentgrata. It’s a no-brainer concept that essentially gives renters the opportunity to monetize their apartment leases through an app — just by being a building resource. (I’m paraphrasing, but you can learn more here). A little extra cash never hurt around the holidays, huh?